Mercedez-Benz X Mario Kart 8 DLC Update Incoming
Nintendo of Japan has finally announced the release date of the Mercedez-Benz DLC for Mario Kart 8. In an unprecedented partnership with the reputable car manufacturer – Nintendo will be offering the Mercedez-Benz GLA, W25 Silver Arrow, and SL Roadster as additional Karts. And best of all they will come at no additional cost for Mario Kart 8 owners.
- Drivers will now have the option to display the course map on the TV screen during races.
- Users will be able to check out statistics such as their total number of coins accumulated, win-loss record from online play, and their most frequently selected character overall.
- Users will be able to change options of others’ Mario Kart TV downloaded highlight reels, such as changing the focus to a new character or event.
- The order of the menu after each race will be changed to “Next Race”, followed by “Watch Highlight Reel”.
- The game will remember the most recent customised kart settings that were selected, even if the Wii U system is powered down.
- Improvements to stability of connection in online play to enhance the user experience.
The Mercedez-Benz DLC and the patch will be made live on August 27, 2014 in Japan. Nintendo has yet to announce when the DLC will hit the west, but I am sure it will either be on August 27 or not long after.
For the best coverage of Mario Kart 8 stay tuned at Mii-gamer!