How to lose weight with Wii Fit with this incredible exercise regime.
Wii Fit U is almost upon us with the free trial available on the 1st of November in NA/EUR and on the 2nd for Australia. As a fitness junkie – I am extremely excited for Wii Fit U and I will no doubt be sharing what I believe to be effective routines with you.
For the time being, I thought it might be a good idea
How to lose weight with Wii Fit
Have you ever pondered whether you can lose weight with Wii Fit? Do you need to shed a few centimeters from the waistline? Then good news for you – I have this fantastic Wii Fit routine that has personally worked for me in losing weight.
Now, you are most likely asking – how can you possibly lose weight with a video game? Isn’t Wii Fit a gimmick? Sometimes, Nintendo does not get the credit it deserves. You will find that most of the routines are based on actual exercises – as such when used effectively , it will no doubt assist you in weight loss.
It is important to note that booting up Wii Fit and playing a few exercises is simply not enough. Wii Fit is not one of those fad miraculous weight loosing machines/diet that claim to be effective in trimming fat. Wii Fit can help you lose weight when used in combination with regular Cardio and a healthy diet. Losing weight and maintaining health is about lifestyle changes. If you are eating McDonalds regularly, drinking high sugar drinks and/or have a high carb diet and expect to lose weight with Wii Fit – then just stop – why bother if you are going to participate in counterproductive habits.
Admittedly, I am not a dietician or nutritionist, so my advice isn’t exactly backed by citing research theories and data. But, I do eat well and I am at a healthy weight – so I am doing something right. As a general rule of thumb follow these principles:
- Eat lean proteins such as Chicken Breast, Tuna and Salmon.
- Eat plenty of fruits and vegetables.
- Reduce your intake of high concentrated sugar drinks like coke and cordial
- Generally eat Carbs earlier in the day and avoid them for dinner.
- Generally eat fresh – frozen process foods contains many
Now, sticking to a diet is very difficult – as eating the same types of food can bore the palette and will make likely cause a relapse to unhealthy eating – I know because it has happened to me. I recommend having a cheat day, at least once a fortnight, from where you can indulge yourself within reason with yummy food.
The Wii Fit Routine
I’ve developed this excellent routine that is extremely effective in burning fat when used in conjunction with a healthy diet. This is the closest thing you will get to a circuit training routine in Wii Fit. To be effective you must do each exercise consecutively without any breaks – maybe a minute break during the halfway point – but it is absolutely necessary to maintain the intensity of the routine.
Trust me, this routine will have you extremely sore after completion. I understand that not everyone has the time to exercise every day so I don’t expect to you to do this routine daily. With that said, I would recommend doing this routine at least 3- 4 times a week.
NOTE: THIS IS USING WII FIT PLUS ON THE WII
Here is the routine:
- Sun Salutation
- Downward Facing Dog
- Cobra Chair
- Spine Extension
- Rowing Squat
- Grounded V
- Jackknives (10) (20)(30)
- Lunge (10)(15)(20)
- Rowing Squat
- Rowing Squat
- Arm & Leg Lift
- Parallel Stretch
- Rowing Squat
- If you have Wii Fit Plus, you can create the routine through my Wii Fit Plus.
- It is recommended that you at least practice each exercise at least twice before attempting the regime.
- If you can handle more reps – select Lunges and Jackkknives up to 3 times (recommended for advance user).
- Rowing Squats are the most important exercise in the routine. Squats are perfect to get the heart rate up without it you will not be able to get the heart rate racing plus it works the core and legs.
- The routine will take about 22-30 minutes depending on how many sets of lunges, jackknives etc.
- For more advance users you can use wrist/ankle weights to get to work those muscles.
- With this routine you will not gain bulk.
- Feel Free to add or subtract exercises to the regime
- If you have time – running or walking will be awesome in conjunction with the routine.
I have full confidence in this workout and all I ask is to give it a try. If you have any criticism let me know in the comment section.
Tags: How to lose weight with Wii Fit, Can you lose weight with Wii Fit.