More Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine Information
More details have emerged out of Famitsu on Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine, an exclusive title for the Nintendo Wii U. Neogafian Black Soma has kindly summarized the information detailed in the issue.
There are 3 main characters in Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine: Yuuri Kozukata, Miu Hinasaki and Ren Hojo. The details are as follows:
- Yuuri Kozukata (不来方夕利). We already know all of this, except she goes to the mountain to search for the owner of the shop, Hisoka Kurosawa. Voiced by Risa Tawata.
- Miu Hinasaki (雛咲深羽), a girl searching for her missing mother, who vanished when she was a child. Yes, she’s Ruffles. She’s never known the love of parents and feels empty. Heads to the mountain believing her mother is there. Voiced by Maaya Uchida.
- Ren Hojo (放生蓮), aka The Dude. He’s a failure of an author who’s known Yuuri for ages. He’s quite whimsical and is scolded by his assistant for it. He hears of a custom involving burial photos, and goes to the mountain to research for his new book. Voiced by Tatsuhisa Suzuki.
Here are the other side characters:
- Hisoka Kurosawa (黒澤密花), owner of the shop, who uses kagemi skills to search for lost things. Goes to the mountain to look for a missing girl and vanishes. Voiced by Atsuko Tanaka.
- Rui Kagamiya (鏡宮累), Ren’s assistant. She respects him, calling him sensei, and as well as helping him out she thinks of him as family. Voiced by Maaya Sakamoto.
In additiion, Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine features many scary locales:
- There are three main locations the player can explore at the start, like the forest and buildings around the mountain.
- These are:
- Mikomori Onsen: An abandoned old, big house known as a famous ghost spot where lots of ghosts are.
- Kurosawa Antiques: Also a cafe! Yuuri lives and works here. People come here to request lost things be found, or have their fortunes told by Hisoka.
- Shirazu no Mori (Unknown Forest): A forest in the mountain. Ever since it became famous as a suicide spot, there’s been a big fence around it, which people sneak in through. There are also rumours of a murderer hiding inside…
Black Soma has shared a few details on how the game is structured and a few mechanics.
- Game plays out a bit like mission mode, where you choose your mission (you can replay it however much you like) and then you unlock new missions. Once you complete the chapter goals, you get the next chapter.
- Your goal is to find people. Each person has different reasons for going to the mountain and getting there, so you’ll have to gather as much info about them as you can.
- You can use something that’s like a “scent” of a person from things like a hair, their documents etc. that aids your “kagemi”.
- Then you use your clues to search for them. If you chase the memories of them you’ll find them, so you have to follow their past footsteps.
- When you find them and “bring them back” from their spiriting away, it’s mission complete, but you’ll have to watch out for the ghosts lurking…
- You can also use your “ghost sight” to find hints from ghosts. Looks kind of like hidden ghosts in other games.
- Gameplay is on the TV, the map is on the gamepad.
- The touch system for picking up items is back. As are ghost hands.
Judging from the details, it certainly appears that Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine is shaping up to be a solid title. I sincerely hope that Fatal Frame: The Black Haired Shrine will be localized, and hopefully we won’t have to wait too long.